May = A month full of changes.
We can kiss the April showers goodbye and say hello to warmer weather as beach chairs are being dusted off and floppy hats are being pulled from the corners of the closet. While you day-dream about your red one-piece to compliment your golden tan, don’t forget that too much UVA/ UVB sun exposure can wreak havoc on your skin, causing pre-mature skin aging and skin cancer.The thought of skin cancer stresses us out, so we compiled some prevention tips to make it easier for you!
- Always re-apply! You should re-apply every 30 minutes or after swimming and sweating.
- Always use sunscreen that protects against both UVA/UVB rays.
- Wear clothing that covers your arms and legs.
- Try to stay in the shade as much as possible.
- Give yourself a monthly skin check, and see a professional every year.
- Sunscreen should be worn every day, even if the weather is cloudy (those sneaky UV rays still reach the Earth on a completely cloudy day, as much as 40% of the sun’s UV radiation penetrates clouds!). It is very important to become familiar with your skin, so you’ll notice even the smallest changes. It could save not only your gorgeous youthful skin, but your life.
Reward your skin after a day in the sun!
After a beach day when your skin feels dry and parched, the Pure Cloud Cream is like a breath of fresh air with soothing aloe and oat extract. Try the Antidote Cooling Daily Lotion if you need a cool-down. The Antidote’s cooling effect helps calm down irritated, broken-out and angry skin with ingredients including icy mint and Icelandic kelp.
Don’t forget your neck! The fragile skin on your neck is prone to pre-mature aging. Try our new one-of-a-kind Hydro Cool Firming Neck Gels to cool down your skin and to get rid of wrinkles and crepey skin.
Follow the Skin Cancer Foundation on Twitter (@SkinCancerOrg) for helpful reminders and more tips about sun safety.